Thursday, November 19, 2009

More Than 2 Years Later…



I recently took a look back at the houses I featured when I first started this blog. While a handful appear to have been taken off of the market, almost all of the first Hot Properties found buyers. This lovely house is the exception. I featured it back in July, 2007 and it has apparently been on the market ever since. Located in Somers (with a Katonah address and Somers schools), the 2,600 square foot former cow barn was built in the 1850's. The house has 4 bedrooms and lovely original features and is set on 9 acres. The taxes aren't bad at $15,493, and the asking price has been reduced from $1,195,000 to $999,000. Houlihan Lawrence
Google Map, bing Map

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder if this is a case where good staging would make a world of difference. It's hard to tell for sure in the few pictures, and I don't want to be mean, but the furniture/decor looks fairly unattractive, especially with a $1M price tag invovled.

Anonymous said...

I totally agree. The furniture, decor and photos in general do not flatter the property.

Anonymous said...

According to the listing this was featured in House & Gardens and House Beautiful! So I doubt staging is the problem.