Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Splurge-Worthy


Like everyone else, I'm watching what I spend lately. Indeed, according to the New York Times, thrift is the new excess. Bucking the trend, last week I decided to celebrate surviving the latest round of lay-offs at my office by splurging on something special. While this may be tempting the fates, the constant penny-pinching is simply sapping my soul. After all, I'm an American and buying cool stuff makes me happy. So, over the weekend I took a peek at some of my favorite non-necessity shops, including Lot 84 in Mt. Kisco. The small store is packed with interesting items for the home. They are currently featuring the designs of Marsia Holzer, whose lamps and sculptures (above) are quite stunning. Lot 84 is one of those great gems of a store that makes the area special–and which I certainly hope survives the current economic storm. In the end, although I found many things I was eager to own, practicality prevailed and I crossed the street to the GAP and bought shirts for the job I'm lucky to still have. But if I'm still employed in May... Lot 84

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the long hanging light.