Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Location, Land, and Light




This 1964 home probably isn't going to thrill anyone aesthetically, but the land and location might. Set in the gorgeous Teatown area (with an Ossining address and Croton schools), the property boasts 2.5 acres of woods and rocks and is close to the Teatown Lake Reservation. The 2,000 square foot house has 3 bedrooms and lots of windows for light and views of the great outdoors. Check out the realtor's virtual tour for a better sense of the place. This listing has been on the market for awhile, but it strikes me as a pretty good deal. (Looking on the map, the home is actually across from Bethea Drive.) What do you think? $639,000
Prudential Richard Albert, Live Search Map

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree it is a great location and the house is actually pretty nice inside. But what could you do about the exterior? Maybe paint it?

A. said...

I've seen some amazing transformations done by changing siding (or using a different type of exterior finish) and windows.

Anonymous said...

I'm totally in love with the property around this house. I've had my eye on this listing for quite a while, but the price has not dropped one dime. I guess they're in no hurry to sell.

Anonymous said...

Just because the price hasn't been cut does not mean the seller isn't flexible. I've seen things sell for a lot less than asking.