Thursday, February 19, 2009

Colonial Charm House


See that photo of the bedroom on the bottom right? I'm not sure why, but it makes my heart skip a beat. Older homes are like that—they can grab you without your even understanding how. One of the upsides of the current real estate market is the surfeit of wonderful older homes in the area for sale at prices that are relatively "reasonable" (or at least not totally out of the realm of comprehension). One of my favorites is this gorgeous 1800 colonial set on 4 acres in Bedford Corners, just outside of Mt. Kisco. The 2,400 square foot home has 3 bedrooms and more than enough original character to charm anyone. There's also a nicely updated kitchen and central AC. Outside, the 4 acre property boasts a heated pool and a 4 stall barn. The taxes are not too surprising at $24,536, and the asking price is less than I would expect, even in the current market. What do you think? $1,395,000
Houlihan Lawrence, Google Map, Live Search Map

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the master bedroom! The fireplace and that wall with the built-in drawers! Amazing. I do see why you love the other bedroom too. The shape of it is perfect.