Monday, September 17, 2007

Enchanted Castle




With no new listings hitting the market, I've been looking at those that have been sitting for awhile. This 1880 Victorian on the edge of Katonah village has recently had it's price slashed (I think it was listed at 1.8, but I could be mistaken). The 3,700 square foot house has 5 bedrooms, 3 full baths, and a lot of original detail. (Get a load of that baronial fireplace mantle!) The 8 acre property looks lovely. It's near-impossible to say what is "well-priced" in this shifting market, but this one does seem like a good deal at it's current price. Agree? $1,489,000 Houlihan Lawrence, Google Map

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I love this. I've looking at brownstones in "borderline" areas of Brooklyn in this price range. I like those houses, but not the neighborhoods. This house has a lot of the feel of a Brownstone, but it also has a pool and 8 acres! Amazing!

Anonymous said...

I had the same thought--the house feels like a brownstone.

Anonymous said...

Compared to other listings in Katonah with acreage, this does seem to be a "deal." If it was cut from 1.8M, as the blogger says, that is a bigger drop than what people are saying has occured in the area.