Friday, August 10, 2007

Classy Cape

While this 1930 Cape isn't too much to look at on the outside, the interior has plenty of charm and a very nicely renovated kitchen. The 1,850 square foot home only has 2 bedrooms, but the unfinished attic space could be a future bedroom. Perhaps most appealing are the 2 acres in the lovely Mount Airy section of Croton. Given the land, location, and price--not to mention that kitchen--this seems like an excellent opportunity. $649,000 Houlihan Lawrence, Google Map

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is sweet! And I agree that the kitchen is great. I love the area--feels so country and far away from things but is really close to town. I can see that the upstairs could be a bedroom without too much work. Anyone know what finishing a space like that would entail?

Anonymous said...

I think fixing the upstairs would cost a lot if you want to put in a dormer or skylights, but if you just want to put down wood floors and insulate, then that would be pretty cheap--maybe $5-10K max. I like this area too. But honestly the house isn't that appealing to me.

Anonymous said...

The house needs work, but for $650,000 what else can you buy with charm and 2 acres in a good area? We've looking in Brooklyn for up to a million and can't find anything we like! This house is smaller than I want, but it looks like it has potential.