Tuesday, August 21, 2007

$3 Million Baby

The listing agent calls this house "much admired," and the truth is that I always ogle it as I drive down my favorite street. Set on 5.8 lovely acres on Croton Lake Road, just outside of Katonah village, this 1750 farmhouse is indeed eye-catching. The 3,000 square foot home has 5 bedrooms, original wide-board floors, exposed beams, and charm to spare. The property includes a pool, cottage, barn, and garage with studio. I suppose if you can swing the asking price, the annual taxes--$33,833--should be doable as well. $2,950,000 Sotheby's International Realty, Google Map

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice indeed. Love the master! I would have to repaint the whole house, but it could be stunning. The price is bit over my budget though. What are these dirt roads like in the winter?

Northern Westchester Home said...

I have driven on this road in the winter and it seemed well-plowed and easy to navigate. But I've never been on it in during or right after a big snow, so I'm not sure how it would stack up against a paved road in those conditions. The road's dirt-ness does certainly add to the "back country" charm and elegance, however.

Anonymous said...

The kitchen looks like it needs to be gutted--for my taste at least. For 3 million I expect a bit more.