Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Zen Spot

Whenever I need to realign my Ying and Yang--usually driving home from the station after an awful day at work--I stop to take a walk across the Croton Dam. The incredible serenity and beauty of the reservoir. The intensity of the water cascading down the falls. The loveliness of the Croton River. The reverberating crash of the water. It never fails to clear my mind of clutter and rejuvenate me. The road that goes across the bridge and along the top of the dam is open to pedestrian traffic only and has become a popular walking and biking spot. It connects to the Old Croton Trailway State Historic Park and Trail--which runs for 26 miles above the Croton Aqueduct, built to bring water from the reservoir to the city--and to Croton Gorge Park. The dam road is accessible from Route 129 or from Croton Dam Road.

No comments: